Recognizing the Right Opportunity Comes Before Building Your Business
If you had the privilege, as I did, of knowing Janet when she worked on Wall St., you wouldn’t have been surprised that she became an entrepreneur. Janet’s knack for recognizing a “trade” came in handy when she recognized the huge market opportunity that became Milestone Capital, a financial service business she built from scratch. In tandem, Janet devoted her energies to building 85Broads (now Ellevate), the first global online women’s business network. If you look at who was in the original 85Broads network, they are definitely the women to watch in the future!
Yuli Ziv is an entrepreneur who also knew how to spot opportunity! Capitalizing on the earliest days of the “influencer” industry, Yuli’s drive and passion set Style Coalition apart as a first-to-market platform helping brands connect with top online lifestyle influencers. Her hard-earned advice is among the best we’ve heard from our guests. Don’t miss it!
What is Inspiring Us This Week
- New York beat out 24 other global cities as the top city for attracting and fostering women-owned businesses, according to a new report commissioned by Dell
- Some practical advice from self-made billionaires
- Female founders struggling to build their businesses can draw a dose of inspiration from House Democrats fighting an uphill battle for gun control
Upcoming Guests & Events
- 6/30 – Tina Roth-Eisenberg Q&A, Founder, Creative Mornings, Tattly, & TeuxDeux
- 7/7 – Matt Wallaert, Director, Microsoft Ventures
- 7/14 – Kathryn Finney, Founder/Managing Director, digitalundivided